Monday, October 4, 2010

Day Twelve - Ron's number one!

So yesterday's instructions were to place Ron's desires first - and to "give in" on any disagreement.

That's such an interesting term, because when I feel like I'm 'giving in' it also makes me feel like I'm 'loosing out'.  That's a big problem, and one that I need to be clearly aware is happening.  So I was determined not to allow the "what about me" attitude to invade my thinking.

An opportunity did arise - quite nicely, actually.  Ron has been REALLY wanting to buy a new and far superior fish tank.  Haven't really liked the idea, I'll be honest.  I'm far too cheap for expenses.  But he saw this super duper model and he's in love.

"What do you think of this deal," he asked me last night?

"I think it's completely up to you and I support you 100% in your decision," I replied.

He wrote the seller back and said "I'll take it!".

Then, after a terrible night's sleep he said "No, I can't."


So, does that nullify the challenge?  Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

NEXT Challenge - Dare #13

Talk with your spouse about establishing healthy rules of engagement.  If your mate is not ready for this, then write out your own personal rules to "fight" by.  Resolve to abide by them when the next disagreement occurs.

Romans 12:16  Be of the same mind one toward another.  Mind not high things, but condenscend to men of low estate.  Be not wise in your own conceits.

No comments:

Post a Comment