Sunday, October 31, 2010

Dare 30 AND 31 AND 32 - United Together

I'm stuck.  I've tried to work on it.  All in all, I think Ron and I are pretty united in most things, but there are those things where it's just a matter of who get's their way.  That's the way of marriage, though, isn't it? 


Somehow, this particular challenge doesn't seem to be such an issue to me, and I've pondered on it long enough.  The next dare is the same:

Dare 31  Is there a "leaving" issue you haven't been brave enough to conquer yet?  Confess it to your spouse today, and resolve to make it right.  The oneness of your marriage is dependent upon it.  Follow this with a commitment to your spouse and to God to make your marriage the top priority over every other human relationship.

I'm married to Ron for time and eternity.  It is the greatest blessing of my life. We've had rough times in the past and who knows what the future holds - but the one thing I am sure it does hold is being married to Ron.


So, I've nothing more to address - time for the next dare.

Dare 32:  Oops - this is about intimacy.  I accept the challenge, but I am NOT going to talk about it.  I've always felt that it is the most sacred part of my relationship with Ron. 


So, zooming through - we find ourselves at...

Next Challenge -Dare 33:  Recognize that your spouse is integral to your future success.  Let them know today that you desire to include them in your upcoming decisions, and that you need their perspective and counsel.  If you have ignored their input in the past, admit your oversight and ask them to forgive you.

"If two lie together, then they have heat: but how can one be warm alone?" - Ecclesiastes 4:11

No comments:

Post a Comment