Thursday, October 7, 2010

Day Sixteen - Praying for Ron

I'm being challenged to pray for my husband.  I want to take this very seriously and reverently.  I don't want to pray for him to do something for me.  I don't want to try to ask for Ron to 'improve'.  I just want Ron to be blessed.

So, I'm going to pray for three things:

  1. That Ron can continue to be very healthy throughout the remainder of his life.
  2. That he can retire early enough and securely enough to really, truly enjoy it - and in doing so, be able to continue to serve his fellow man and Heavenly Father and his family.
  3. That his children will gain the peace, security and a strong testimony in Heavenly Father which is the deepest desire of his heart.
These are the things that would give Ron the greatest joy and the strongest base for an eternal marriage.

I'll try to remember these in my daily prayers.



Tomorrow's challenge - Dare #17


Determine to guard Ron's secrets (unless they are dangerous to him or you) and to pray for them.  Talk with Ron, and resolve to demonstrate love in spite of these issues.  Really listen to Ron when he shares personal thoughts and struggles with you.  Make him feel safe.

Song of Solomon 6:3  I am my beloved's and my beloved is mine; he feedeth among the lilies.

No comments:

Post a Comment