Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Dare 29 - I love you, I love you, I LOVE you!

Well, I have absolutely NO problem telling Ron that I love him.  The bigger problem is praying.  I mean, I pray - but I don't do it very WELL.  I am so hyper, I either loose my train of thought, fall asleep, or can't think of a thing to say.  It's all quite sad, I'm afraid.  I'm sure Heavenly Father just shakes his head at me.


Still, I decided to take this quite seriously.  "Dear Heavenly Father, bless my husband.  Because I LOVE him."  We kneel down every morning - rolling out of bed before we do anything else.  I found myself just stopping and hugging him. 

I love praying for him, his health, his happiness, his needs.  I get so excited when I see those prayers answered.

Ron, by the way is such a man of prayer.  He can pray for hours.  Sometimes it's just annoying!


Next Challenge - Day #30 - Isolate one area of division in  your marriage, and look on today as a fresh opportunity to pray about it.  Ask the Lord to reveal anything in your own heart that is threatening oneness with your spouse.  Pray that He would do the same for them.  And if appropriate, discuss this matter openly, seeking God for unity.

Ephesians 5:25  Husbands, love your wives (wives, love your husbands), even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

No comments:

Post a Comment