Monday, October 25, 2010

Dare 28 - But what do you NEED?

I asked Ron if he had any unfulfilled needs.  He was as stumped as I was.

So I figured out that I had to come up with something on my own.

...and I did!

There is something Ron asked for this week:

He REALLY wants to use the fireplace.  We have all this wood and this perfectly good wood stove.  We just read that electrcity is going to go up 8% this month.  It's gonna cost so much to use the heater this winter. 



Ma and I are dubious, especially since the wood stove is in her area, but since she's at my sister's this week I decided it would be a good time to experiment.  Next he asked if I would consider keeping it stoked in the daytime. 

I said no.  I was pretty sure Ma wouldn't like all that heat in the daytime.

Then I thought about it again....and I did it because he wanted it. 

I found out that it doesn't get too hot if I keep it going and use whole pieces of wood rather than chopped up raw wood.  AND keep the dampers shut completely down so it burns slower.

Unfortunately I learned it by getting Ma's apartment up to 80 degrees.

Sure glad she's not here while I learn all this.

Now the fun part.  Seeing if I can get Ma to go along with it.  It sure would save money, but if I don't do this right she's not going to be happy.  I hate having Ma unhappy more than I hate having Ron unhappy (which is why I said "no" first time.).

So, I'm going to trust God and Ron and do my best.

....and I'll let you know.


Next Challenge - Dare 29  Before you see your spouse again today, pray for them by name and for their needs.  Whether it comes easy for you or not, say “I love you,” then express love to them in some tangible way.  Go to God in prayer again, thanking Him for giving you the privilege of loving this one special person – unconditionally, the way He loves both of you.

Ephesians 6:7 With good will doing service, as to the Lord, and not to men:

No comments:

Post a Comment