Thursday, October 21, 2010

Dare 24 - Lust...who me?

So it dawns on me that last night WAS the lust part.  I'm always thinking about the tv and the computer and the incessitant phone calls with all the people who 'need me', which we all know plays heavily on my ego.

But the lust?  That's my lust for Ron's freedom and power.  He does what he wants, takes no prisoner.  He can ignore all those other voices.  Heck, he doesn't even hear them in the first place.



There are times - lots and lots of times that I want EXACTLY that.  Freedom.  To be free.  No expectations.  No timelines.  No phones, e-mails, text, doorbells, alarms, shout outs, calendars, chores, yada, yada, yada.....


Meanwhile, I really do know that I wouldn't be happy in the Ron Bubble.  So why am I trying to push him out of it?


Aha.....LUST and JEALOUSY.


Dang it.  So much to work on.




Next Challenge - Dare # 25  Whatever you haven't forgiven in your mate, forgive it today.  Let it go.  Just as we ask Jesus to "forgive us our debts" each day, we must ask Him to help us "forgive our debtors" each day as well.  Unforgiveness has been keeping you and your spouse in prison too long.  Say from your heart, "I choose to forgive."

Luke 23:  Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.

No comments:

Post a Comment