Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Day 14 - Just Hanging with the Man

I took the challenge to devote an evening to Ron head on.  I skipped "Dancing With the Stars" with my Momma and followed Ron around like a puppy.


"What do you want", he finally asked me?

"You"!  I replied.

"Oh" he said.

So, he told me that he needed to go save some coral in his fish tank.  I finished up a few after dinner tasks and joined him in the Den.   He was busy, so he didn't talk, and I didn't want to distract him, so I didn't talk either.  I had my phone - so I played a few games.  Started nodding off.  Got up and made the guest bed and straightened up.  Then I grabbed my computer and helped Ron look up the type of mushroom he found the other day.



WOW! That's some mushroom, eh?

Anyway....I just spent time with him.  It t'was nice.  I want to do that at least once a week.

....and I caught the last 10 minutes of "Dancing With the Stars", which was just enough to find out who got voted out.....so it wasn't even a sacrifice.  Maybe I will need to make sure that I'm truly being dedicated and not just throwing Ron the scraps.  I really do want to make him first.


Next Challenge:  Dare 15


Choose a way to show honor and respect to your spouse that is above your normal routine.  It may be holding the door for him.  It might be putting his clothes away for him.  It may be the way you listen and speak in your communication.  Show your mate that he is highly esteemed in your eyes.


Jeremiah 30:19  And out of them shall proceed thanksgiving and the voice of them that make merry; and I will multiply them, and they shall not be few; I will also glorify them, and they shall not be small.

No comments:

Post a Comment