Monday, October 18, 2010

Dare 22 - Unconditional Love

Honestly, this doesn't quite work because Ron loves me and tells me he loves me and returns love to me.  Nooooooo problem.

We R Twitterpated


But do I love Ron unconditionally?  I'm so confident that I do, and then he does something to tick me off and I certainly act as if I don't.  Shame, shame, shame.  Unconditional love doesn't have to get the last word.  It doesn't chomp at the bit to 'tell em like it is'.  With unconditional love there is no 'top' and 'bottom', no 'he said, she said'.  It just is.  People talk about constructive criticism all the time.  I don't believe in it.  To me, all criticism is meant to be destructive.  Ron disagrees, because he feels that reality is THE most important goal.  Unfortunately, reality is near impossible to find, because we all operate off of our own perception of the truth. 

Maybe there is such a thing as accepting honest opinions.  It would certainly make life easier for Ron if I didn't take everything he said as an opportunity to judge me and just understood that Ron is as straight a shooter as there comes.




Next Challenge - Dare #23 - Remove anything that is hindering your relationship, any addiction or influence that's stealing your affections and turning your heart away from your spouse.

Job 22:23  If thou return to the Almighty, thou shalt be built up, thou shalt put away iniquity far from thy tabernacles.

No comments:

Post a Comment