Monday, September 20, 2010

Day Three - Putting my money where my mouth is

I'm losing patience.  So much going on.  Pressure, stress, mental exhaustion.

In the midst of it all, Ron's being Ron.  Pessimism extraordinaire.  Sigh.

What I usually do is get hurt.  "Why did you say that?"  "That's so mean."  "What do you mean by that?"










 






I don't know how to act now.  Do I tell myself that he doesn't mean what I think he means?  That he isn't trying to make me feel bad and that I have a choice in how I take things?

Well, of course it does.

Of course that has more to do with the challenges from Day One or Two.....but I'm trying to keep up on the lessons learned.  so it's still on my mind.


So the challenge today was to invest in Ron by buying something that says "I was thinking of you".  I kinda do that all the time, so it's not hard.  I went looking and decided on something that he would find perfect.


Inexpensive, simple, something he loves and something I won't eat.  That was easy

Tomorrow's challenge:

Contact your spouse sometime during the business of the day.  Have no agenda other than asking how he or she is doing and if there is anything you could do for them.

Philippians 1:3  "I thank my God upon every rememberance of you."

2 comments:

  1. Good job, Nina. The dare wouldn't be a dare if it was easy. One of the things about this is that we can't tell our spouses, even though we want to scream - CAN'T YOU SEE WHAT I'M DOING!!!! WHY DON'T YOU CHANGE, NOW!!!! But this isn't about changing them, it's about changing us. Wait till you get to Day 10. This one could be life changing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm afraid to look at Day 10 now (lol)

    ReplyDelete