Monday, November 1, 2010

Dare 34 - A Christian Man of Action

Ron is just a stupendous follower of Christ.  I talked to him about how many stories I hear regarding things he has done....with the Scouts.....with a family.......one on one or in a crowd.  Ron wears his beliefs on his sleeve and somehow he gets away with it when others would get their face slapped.  I think it's both his sincerity and enthusiasm.  I greatly appreciate how Ron reaches out to others.  It was great expressing my admiration and appreciation of his Christian values and example.  He's a wonderful teacher to me.  Honestly, what I talked about yesterday (his death defying behavior) works to such an advantage in this area. 


As far as Ron's concern...."There's nothing to be afraid of." 

 I really ought to make sure this is placed on his gravestone.  Oh wait, he's not going to have a gravestone..... which is a whole 'nuther subject (think burial at sea).
Actually, if we're talking about life mottos, Ron's would be one word...."Exquisite"  When he is truly happy, that is what he's thinking, whether its the perfect piece of prime rib


or a gorgeous sunrise
Outside our east window

or a wonderful church talk


or death.  Ron thinks all of them are 'exquisite'.  He has no fear, no barriers.  He has made it clear that the day he leaves this earth will be the ultimate 'exquisite' experience.  What can you do with that?  I think, I'll just be happy for him.

Next Challenge - Dare 35  Find a marriage mentor-someone who is a strong Christian and who will be honest and loving with you.  If you feel that counseling is needed then take the first step to set up an appointment.  During this process, ask God to direct your decisions and discernment.


Proverbs 11:14  Where no counsel is, the people fall:  but in the multitude of counselors there is safety.

No comments:

Post a Comment