Saturday, February 6, 2010

The WOW Life: Nina’s winding road to a happy and healthy life Part 1 of 3

Those who know me, knows that a couple of years ago I got disgusted enough with myself to actually address my long standing weight problem. I lost 65 pounds (we won’t talk about how much of that found me again….) and got into a regular exercise program. No mean trick considering the fact that I have a full blown eating disorder – and have had it for years (Bulemia, to be exact).

NOTE: Blogs are so nifty, aren’t they, allowing us to tell deep dark secrets on-line you wouldn’t even share with your mother in person?



Anyway, I determined that I was finally going to do this right, so I turned to the best reference I knew for healthy living…. Doctrine and Covenants Section 89, commonly referred to the Word of Wisdom. Here is a link to that little bit of divine inspiration for your review:


http://scriptures.lds.org/en/dc/89





These are the rules I determined I would live by after reading it:


Buy fresh food and put thought into what I am eating.


Herbs add healthy elements to our food.


Meat can be healthy if used sparingly, however grains are a better overall choice for protein. But even grains should be consumed thoughtfully.


Fresh fruits, veggies and grains are the main ingredients for a healthy diet


This is a principal with a promise! Following these guidelines will provide health, endurance and will enhance your ability to think.


(End of Part 1)

No comments:

Post a Comment