1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Gift bags – and to be honest – USED gift bags. I’m a cheap, cheap woman.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Much to my husband’s chagrin - artificial
3. When do you put up the tree? Not even sure we’re going to get around to it this year, to be honest
4. When do you take the tree down? New Years
5. Do you like eggnog? No! But Ron and my kids are crazy over it.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? My dad made my sister and I a refrigerator and stove/sink set that if I remember correctly, really ran water. At least in my mind it really ran water! We didn’t have to pay for it (water that is) in those days, so it’s POSSIBLE
7. Hardest person to buy for? Ron. He gets whatever he wants throughout the year and I always seem to pick the wrong brand/style/color anyway.
8. Easiest person to buy for? Me!
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes. We have a few.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Both – and it’s a family newsletter more than a card.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Ron gave me the worlds ugliest ring once. I could even pretend. It went back the next week. He doesn’t buy me jewelry anymore.
12. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Throughout the year. I’m usually 80% done by October. This year I was a little late – November. Still have nothin’ for Ron or Mom. I just have no idea what to get them.
13. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I refuse to answer that one.
14. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Prime rib and Sweatheart Salad
15. Lights on the tree? Of course. Multi-colored.
16. Favorite Christmas song? Whatever is the most smaltzy tear jerker of the season. But by the next year, I hate it and move onto something else. Muppets Christmas Album with John Denver will NEVER get old.
17. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Hopefully soon we’ll travel. There are lots of Grand Kids to see, ya know.
18. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner and Blitzen. But do you recall, the most famous Reindeer of all?
19. Angel on the tree-top or a star? Ceramic angel by the name of Francis Grace.
20. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? My kids all got their tradition of pjs on Christmas eve and everything else on Christmas morning. I HATE opening gifts up the night before. Then there’s nothing to look forward to.
21. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Crass commercialism
22. Favorite ornament theme or color? I have all glass ornaments now
23. Favorite food for Christmas dinner? Hey, didn’t you already ask that on #14?
24. What do you want for Christmas this year? Happy, healthy children. Especially my son-in-law who will be returning from