Saturday, October 18, 2008

Nina and the no snow prayers


I had a FANTASTIC weekend last week visiting my baby in Idaho. 6 months since I last saw her!!!! How in the world did I survive? Well, possibly the 4 - 10 phones calls per day, but that's another story.

The only downer was the forecast for snow. As my friend Lisa and I drove to Rexburg we were told that it would snow everyday.

I hate snow. Used to love it - but no longer. I especially hate to drive in the snow.....and the road between Sequim and Rexburg can be particularly ugly in the snow.

Needless to say, I was not pleased.

So - I prayed. All the time. I asked those in the know whether it was wrong to pray for it not to snow, or whether I had any chance in asking for such a monumental task. I decided that the only argument I could give Heavenly Father was that there were so many wonderful Moms there for Mother's Weekend and that we all needed protection.

It did snow. Everyday. Big puffy snowflakes at times - hard little snow pellets at others. The cars were covered. But the streets never accumulated anything - ever.

Wow. I'm going to have to keep in check and remind myself that I am NOT so powerful as to direct the weather. It must have been all of those wonderful moms......and a very generous and patient God.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a lot of fun. If you come visit us I PROMISE it won't snow!

    ReplyDelete