Saturday, June 7, 2014

6 weeks and counting....


6 more weeks and we are 'outta here'!  Exciting, scary and humbling all at the same time.  We have had marvelous success selling our earthly goods on-line and at our garage sales.  The two biggies that are left belong to Ron - the El Camino and the uber specialized air rifle.  MAN, that man has fancy hobbies.....ha!
Ron and his baby

In the meantime, my house is getting emptier and emptier.   I'm starting to get to those difficult  items that have huge sentimental value.  Such an interesting combination of relief and sadness as things are carried out the door.
The few things left in these two rooms will be gone by Wednesday


We've met some marvelous and generous people and I am constantly amazed at how excited even strangers are for us.  I don't honestly think it's just because it's Hawaii.  Ron and I are actually doing that crazy thing that people talk about all the time.  A lot of people say how brave we are and how much they wish they could do the same - but really it's not so bad.  I know that we are going where the Lord wants us to go, doing the things we know brings blessings and leaving those things that only give momentary pleasure (well except for grandbabies, that one is pretty hard.)  How grateful I am that we will be seeing all of them in the next few weeks.  I can't wait to hug each and every one of them!
The only wall with things still on it...
I just can't bear to take them down yet.

I appreciate my dear friends asking to come over and help - and the last two weeks, I will REALLY need you!  But for now, I'm just trying to figure out the game plan.






No comments:

Post a Comment