Wednesday, January 18, 2012

A little late, but here are this year's goals


I have become painfully aware that I am losing ground.  As much as I want to be that patient, loving, wise and health conscious matriarch of hearth and home – I find that I am a finicky, ill tempered, quick to speak and slow to repent glutton and that I do all this in an uncomplimentary childlike manner.

For this, I am truly sorry, and I really hope sufficiently repentant. 

So my goal, besides world peace and looking like a 20 year old again, would be to bite my tongue, bide my time, trust my Lord and give my husband and children room to be the glorious beings they are.  I want to actually utilize my desire to serve God.

So, how do I translate that into action?

Bite my tongue
I will concentrate throughout the day in sharing my opinion only when asked

Bide my time
I will offer support rather than direction unless specifically asked.  If I blow it, as I know I will, I will recognize my failure and try again.

Trust my Lord
I will identify and reject actions and reactions based on fear. I will focus more on what Jesus would have me do.  I will utilize the Sacrament to ponder His wisdom and His plan for me (write this goal on a card to take out and review every Sunday)

Give family room to be glorious
I will let them be in charge of their own decisions without expressing opinion and especially without showing disappointment or aggravation.  If I want something, I will state it simply and honestly and then move on.

I will strive to be the wife my eternal companion deserves and repent of pouting and being hurt over things that were never meant the way I took them.  I will recognize that my emotions are not my husband’s emotions

I will try to reflect and encourage the good in the world.  Jesus loved the poor, needy and downtrodden, the sick and the afflicted and so will I.

And because I also really like to include practical goals:
1.  Lose 15 pounds by May.  No excuses
2.  God willing, sell this house
3.  Reduce spending
4  Take that BOM trip in November
5.  Work hard, play more, read books AND have regular scripture study
6.  Have conversations with Heavenly Father rather than blah, blah, blah.

No comments:

Post a Comment