Thursday, February 10, 2011

Best Article EVAHHHHHH!!!!

When I was a little girl, my favorite magazine was Highlights.  It had short articles and LOTS of games.  As an adolescent, it was Readers Digest.  It had short articles and lots and lots of jokes.  As a new bride, my favorite magazine was "People".  It had short articles and lots of gossip.  Took me a while to figure out that it was a rag magazine in sheep's clothing!  Oh well.




I'm not perfect, I'm NOT. but my favorite magazine now really is "The Ensign", which is a magazine published by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.....my church.  And I love it.  The articles are short (generally) and they make me happy.  Each month I think "Wow, this is the BEST issue ever!"  And it is, until the next one hits my mailbox.



Maybe old age brings on silly sentimentality, but hopefully not.  Hopefully, in being closer of the age to meet God, I've grown to understand Him.

Well, with last month's issue I really do think I have discovered the best of the best in articles. It's intelligent, enlightening and takes care of those situations where I want to explain what I know to be true far better than I've been able to find the words for. This article is excerpted from an address given to the faculty and students of Harvard Law School on February 26, 2010.  It was given to provide an accurate overview of who we, as Mormons, are - rather than what the world misperceives us to be. It is not short.  It is detailed and insightful.

Fundamental To Our Faith

Alright, I effuse too much.  I'm old.  I'm allowed to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment